Dr.Luis G. Obando, DDS
Specialist in Oral Implantology and Cosmetic Dentistry. New York University and University of Chile
Languages: Spanish, English, (Fluent in both languages)
Accreditations and Memberships
- Affiliate Associate Fellow. American Academy of Implant Dentistry. Since 2015
- Advanced Aesthetic Program at Rosenthal Institute at New York University.
- Fellowship of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry at the New York University.
- Esthetic Implant Dentistry. Nobel Biocare Training Institute. Yorba Linda, California, USA
- Comprehensive Training Program at Zimmer Dental Institute.Los Angeles, California, USA
- Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member of the American Academy of Osseointegration
- Member of the International Congress of Oral Implantologist and the section dedicated to Implant Prosthodontics.
- Professor for the International University of the Americas in the area of Oral Implantology and University Latinoamericana de Ciencia y Tecnología.
- Recognized as a Specialist in Oral Implantology by Costa Rican Board of Dentistry.
- Osteogenics 2018 Global Bone Grafting Symposium. April 20 & 21 2018 at the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch in Scottsdale, Arizona.
- 360° Implantolgy Bahamas. February 8-11 2018 at Nassau Paradise Island, Bahamas
- Modern Aspects of Implant Dentistry: Computer Guided Surgery. MIS Implants at the Hebrew University, Jerusalem, Israel. May 2017
- Advanced Techniques for Implant Rehabilitation of Full Arch Cases. Hands-On Module. Intra Lock International Center. Boca Raton, Florida. April 7th & 8th, 2016.
- 30 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Osseointegration “Science, Collaboration and Clinical Excellence for 30 years”. San Francisco, California , USA. March 12-14 2015.
- All on Four Techniques. Implants in the Esthetic Zone in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA November 10 – 14, 2014
- 2014 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Osseointegration in Seattle, Washigton, USA March 6 – 8, 2014
- Advanced Surgical Cadaver Course September 19-20, 2013 ZI East in Celebration, FL,
- 61st Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry in Washington, DC, USA, October 3 –6, 2012
- 60st Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA 2011
- 59th Annual Meeting of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry, in Boston, Massachusetts, USA October 20 – 23, 2010
- Maxicourse, New York University. New York, NY. September 2008-July 2009
- 23 Annual Meeting of the Academy of Osseointegration “Implant Dentisitry: A trip up the implant”. Boston, Massachusetts, USA. February 28-March 1 del 2008
- Comprehensive training program at Zimmer Dental Institute.Los Angeles, California, USA
- Nobel Biocare World Conference, Las Vegas, USA 2007.
- 9 th Annual Implant Prosthodontic Symposium, International Congress of Oral Implantologist. Montreal, Canada. August 18-20, 2006.
- Nobel Biocare World Conference 2005: Beautiful Teeth…..Now for everyone. Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, June 5-10, 2005
- Esthetic Implant Dentistry – Featuring Live Surgery. Nobel Biocare Training Institute. Yorba Linda, California, 2004.
- International Conference, Nobel Biocare. Santiago, Chile. Instruction given by Dr. Sacha Jovanovic, Dr. Peter Whorle and Dr. Dario Adolfi (May 2003)
- Advanced Implant Therapies. Instruction given by Dr. Sacha Javanovic and organized by “Nobel Biocare” in Santiago, Chile. (July 2002)
Theoretical & Workshop Courses:
Esthetic Implant Dentistry – Featuring Live Surgery. Nobel Biocare Training Institute, Loma Linda , California. Instruction given by Dr. Peter Whorle (May 2004)
Oral Implantology. Instruction given by Dr. Arung Garg (June 2000)
Advanced Implant Surgery.
Periodontal Seminar: Surgery and Implants
Hospital Mexico (Mexico Hospital), Department of Maxilofacial Surgery